(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to attempt or to peddle, sell, solicit, canvass, or take orders for any services, wares, merchandise, or goods, or any article of value, including plants, flowers, paintings, novelties, painting house numbers on streets or driveways, firewood, books, magazines, photographs, or any articles for future delivery, on a sidewalk, parking lot or parkway within the town or from door-to-door without having first obtained a permit therefor from the town.
(2) Each person engaged in peddling or soliciting or selling as defined in paragraph (1), above, must have a permit issued under the terms of this article, and such permit shall be personal to the applicant and shall not be reproduced or assigned or otherwise transferred to any other person. Any such attempted transfer or reproduction shall render the permit void.
(3) Each permit shall expire as of the date noted thereon, which date shall be in accordance with the provisions of this article, and such permit shall indicate the hours when peddling, solicitation and selling within the town is permitted in accordance with the provisions of this article.
(4) It shall be unlawful for any person who shall solicit funds in the town to represent in connection with such solicitation of funds that the issuance of a permit or identification card by the town constitutes an endorsement thereof.
(5) It shall be unlawful for any person to solicit funds for a purpose other than that set out in the registration statement or application upon which the permit was issued.
(6) A permit shall not be issued to any person under thirteen (13) years of age.