***Please note that if you are 16 years old and younger, the Court will automatically set you on the next Court Docket. You will be mailed a Summons to appear at the Copper Canyon Municipal Court with a parent or legal guardian.***
For all citations, you must appear in person, or by mail on or before the Initial Appearance Date printed on your citation.
You may submit some documents via e-mail for approval, upon approval you will be notified to pay online.**Failure to pay within 24 hours of the notice will result in an incomplete request, all incomplete requests will be denied and issued a Court Date to speak with the Judge in person.**
A PHONE CALL OR EMAIL DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AS AN APPEARANCE.
Note there is a 3.5% fee assessed for payments made with a Card online or in person.
Pay the Fine
- Paying your citation online will result in a conviction on your driving record, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Court. All payments made after 2pm will be processed the next business day.
- Payments made online may affect your insurance rates. If you pay your citation online before reading your options, it automatically closes your case with a guilty conviction, no changes can be made.
Terms of Deferred Disposition:
- Plea of guilty or no contest, waiver of jury trial, and the right to discovery
- A 90 day probation period (cannot receive any other like violations within the probation period)
- Persons under the age of 25 with a moving violation must also complete a Driver's Safety Course
- Payment of the full Window Fine
- Provide a copy of your Driver's License and the Deferred Disposition Request form (CDL holders are not eligible)
- You possess a valid Class C Driver's License (Commercial Drivers License not eligible)
- You are not speeding in excess of 24 mph over the limit, nor in a construction zone.
- Request is made within 20 business days of the citation.
- You are not charged with Alcohol, Drug Paraphernalia, Theft, Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Public Intoxication (Please contact the court for full list)
Complete Deferred Disposition Request:
- The Deferred Disposition Request form
- Copy of your Class C Driver’s License (CDL holders are not eligible)
- Payment of full window fine
Driver’s Safety Course
Terms of Driver's Safety Course
- Plea of guilty or no contest, waiver of a jury trial, and the right to discovery.
- 90 days to complete a 6-hour Driver's Safety Course and submit Signed proof of such to the court. Order and submit a 3A Certified copy of your Driving Record.
- Pay required fee of $144 for regular zone violations or $169 for school zone violations.
The cost of the course and certified Driving Record are additional
- You are at least 17 years of age
- You have currently liability insurance and a valid Texas Class C Driver's License (CDL not eligible)
- You have not taken a DSC with in the last 12 months to dispose of a citation
- You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 mph over the limit, speeding 95 miles hour or more, nor in a construction zone.
- Your request is made within 20 business days of the citation.
Complete Driver's Safety Course Request:
- The Driver's Safety Course Affidavit ( Affidavit must be signed in front of a notary or court clerk)
Copy of your valid Texas Class C Driver's License (CDL not Eligible)
- Copy of your Financial Responsibility (insurance)
- Payment of $144.for regular speeding zones or $169 for school zone violations.
Request a Court Date
- You may appear at the court clerks office to request a court date, mail in a written request, or submit request via e-mail on or before the Initial Appearance date on your citation.
All forms are available on The Town of Copper Canyon’s website under Municipal Court.If any payment is made online without talking with the Court, it will close out your case and go on your record as a Guilty conviction.If you fail to comply with the conditions or requirements ordered by the Judge, a conviction will be on your driving record.